Srinagar is known as 'Heaven on Earth' and is situated on the banks of the Jhelum River in the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir. Srinagar is renowned for the stationary houseboats and colourful Shikararas on Dal Lake, as picturesque as the most beautiful painting ever to be painted.
Sringara's main attraction, the gondola-type rowboats, Shikaras, are used by visitors to see attractions such as the Floating Vegetable Market and the Mir Bahris, a vibrant group of people living on the lake itself. Srinagar, known as the summer capital of Jammu & Kashmir, is home to some of India's most beautiful Mughal-age gardens, with Nishat Bagh, Shalimar Bagh and Chashm-E-Shahi Garden being the top attractions.
Places to visit in Srinagar
Dal Lake, the Jewel of Srinagar, is associated with a visit to Srinagar and is almost a visual definition of the city. Spread over 15 km, it is Jammu & Kashmir's second largest lake. As the colourful shikaras (gondolas) float around, the mirror-like Dal Lake represents the snow-dusted peaks of the Pir Panjal mountains. Its main attractions are houseboats and shikaras.
Srinagar's Dal Lake is also famous for the floating market (known as Raad) where vendors have their own Shikaras and are not afraid to approach tourists with their most endearing crafts, saffron, edibles and even tow ice creams. Ice skating on the frozen Dal Lake during winter also draws many visitors.
Shalimar Bagh is a beautifully laid out Mughal garden, the largest of Srinagar 's three Mughal gardens (Nishat Bagh and Chashme Shahi being the other two). This pristine attraction was built for his beloved wife Nur Jahan in the year 1619 by the Mughal emperor Jahangir and overlooks the scintillating waters of Dal Lake. It is now a public park and is referred to as "the Srinagar crown."
The word 'Shalimar' is a Sanskrit word meaning 'Abode of Love' and is recognised by a variety of other names, such as Faiz Baksh and Farah Baksh. Shalimar Garden is a gentle combination of natural allure and man-made structures, dotted generously with well-trimmed gardens and exquisite architecture. The Mughal garden is very popular with visitors from all over the world, showcasing the outstanding craftsmanship of the Mughals in horticulture.
The Nishat Bagh is a 12-terraced garden near the famous Dal Lake of Srinagar. After Shalimar Bagh, it is the second-largest Mughal garden in Kashmir. It has a splendid Mughal central water channel with many fountains, which is surrounded by tall Chinar trees, popularly known as the 'Garden of Bliss'. In 1633, Nishat Bagh was designed and built by Asif Khan, Nur Jehan's elder brother.
For the soothing and unforgettable Shikara rides, the primary reason people come to Srinagar is. In reality, taking the ride across the scenic Dal Lake at the backdrop of the majestic slow-clad Himalaya is an enjoyable and unparalleled experience in itself. Shikara rides can be taken past Hazratbal, Nagin, Rainawari, and back on one of the circuits from Nehru Park.
A trip to Pahalgam
Located in the Jammu & Kashmir Valley district of Anantnag, Pahalgam is a beautiful hill station and a popular tourist attraction. Pahalgam is a feast for the eyes and senses, with untouched and magnificent natural beauty. Pahalgam is located on the banks of the Liddar River and is popular for adventure activities such as hiking, trekking, fishing, and is immersed in lush greenery and seductive Himalayan ranges.
Pahalgam serves as the foundation of the Amarnath Yatra, one of the most significant pilgrimages in India. Chandanwari is 16.6 km away. The true Amarnath base camp is far from Pahalgam. Pahalgam offers many outdoor leisure activities, the most popular of which are adventurous trekking activities. One can embark on trekking trips through a beautiful village called Aru to the Kolhoi Glaciers. Sledging on the frozen glaciers is also provided by the local people.
Aru Valley is an enthralling village in Kashmir, juxtaposed against the snow-covered Himalayan peaks. It is the base camp for trekking to the Kolhoi Glacier and Tarsar-Marsar Lake, located about 11 km from Pahalgam. Aru, a tributary of the Lidder River, lies beside the Aru River and is renowned for its beautiful meadows and activities such as horse riding, hiking and trekking.
Betaab Valley is one of Pahalgam's most popular tourist attractions, which is a stunning mix of picturesque surroundings surrounded by tall deodar trees and pine forests, flowing right through it by the Lidder River. The valley in the Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir is about 15 kilometres away from Pahalgam. On the way to the Amarnath Temple Yatra, the valley falls between Pahalgam and Chandanwadi and is one of the three Angelic valleys of Pahalgam, the other two being Aru and Chandanwadi.
The Lidder River, situated in the picturesque beauty of Jammu and Kashmir, is a glacial river flowing from the Kolhoi glacier. This mighty river flowing through the valleys of Pahalgam is a sight to see and is a popular tourist attraction. Combined with its scenic beauty, the tranquil aura makes the Lidder River a quaint picnic spot.
The Lidder River is the main source of water for the nearby Anantnag area, which is accessible only by trekking, and is considered one of the most important tributaries of the Indus. White water rafting, angling, horse riding and fishing are also other adventure sports that you can participate in.
Travel to Gulmarg
Located at an altitude of 2730 m above sea level, Gulmarg is a popular ski resort in the Pir Panjal Range of the Jammu and Kashmir Union Territories. Gulmarg also has the world's second-highest Gondola journey, surrounded by snow-covered lofty Himalayas, meadows of flowers, deep ravines, evergreen forested valleys.
Gulmarg is one of India's top honeymoon destinations, boasting of being a beautiful city without crowds like Manali and Shimla. As the Indian Institute of Skiing and Mountaineering is located here, Gulmarg has also been developed as an adventure hub. IISM offers a lot of trekking, mountaineering, skiing, and snowboarding courses. In Gulmarg, there are many other private tour operators that offer similar courses and facilities for skiing , snowboarding and trekking.
The Gulmarg Gondola is the world's second longest and second highest cable car and Gulmarg is known for being the prime attraction. It ferries almost 600 people per hour to and from Apharwat Peak, which is where most of the winter sports take place in Gulmarg, divided into two phases.
The cable car climbs 1,330 vertical metres to an altitude of almost 4,000 metres and holds 600 people every hour. After arriving at the station, you can hike for another 30 minutes to reach the top of the mountain.
In Jammu and Kashmir, Gulmarg is a beautiful location where you can go with family and friends and enjoy the beautiful view along with other adventure sports. In Gulmarg, the lift system is very basic.
Below Gulmarg, which can lead you to the local shrines, you can ski in beautifully characterised open spaces in the forest terrain during blizzards. You can try hiking, use the Gulmarg gondola once, skin a few km along, hike the rest and take a cab for the remainder, apart from all the mesmerising view. Gulmarg is becoming increasingly popular and the number of skiers is growing day by day as well.
Alpather Lake is a lake at high altitudes between Gulmarg 's twin Apharwat Peak. As it stays fully frozen from November to June, it is popularly referred to as the Frozen Lake. The one-day trek, which starts from Gulmarg and covers a distance of nearly 13 km, is popular.
- Departure from Chennai airport and then on arrival Delhi airport
- Departing from Delhi airport and then on arrival Srinagar airport
- On arrival Srinagar meet for assistance and transfer to hotel.
- Afternoon proceed to visit of world famous Mughal Gardens visiting the Nishat Bagh (The garden of pleasure) and Shalimar Bagh (Abode of love), Shankarachariya Shiv Temple, Pari Mahal (Fairies adobe) and Ancient City tour of Srinagar.
- Later enjoy ride on a Shikara ONE HOUR, a Kashmiri gondola to the watery vegetable markets and see the mountains mirrored in the lakes.
- You will get a view of some very interesting places around the Lake.
- In the evening return to Hotel for dinner and overnight.
- After breakfast, check out from hotel.
- Then proceed for a picturesque drive to Gulmarg.
- Gulmarg was discovered as a tourist destination by the British in the 19th century.
- Prior to that, Mughal emperors vacationed in the Gulmarg valley which is about 03 Kms long and up-to 01 km wide.
- It is exquisitely situated in a pine surrounded basin of the Pir Panjal range at an altitude of 2,730 meters above sea level and one of the most famous tourist destinations of Kashmir.
- It also has one of the world’s highest green golf courses with 18 holes, as well as a clubhouse, which is a historical building. It is one of the most beautiful summer resorts in the valley.
- It is also popular for its golf course during summer season and as a ski resort during the winter season, on arrival proceed for a picturesque ride of world-famous Gondola chair car (pay directly ticket charges) .
- Then proceed to vvisit famous Shiv mandir in Gulmarg.
- Later check in to Hotel for dinner and overnight.
- After breakfast, you will be driven from Gulmarg to Pahalgam, en-route visit Saffron fields of Pampore, see the beautiful countryside, lots of rice fields and Awantipora ruins on the way.
- Later continue your drive to Pahalgam through the pine forest, the confluence of the streams flowing from the river Lidder & Sheshnag Lake which are famous for their scenic beauty.
- On arrival, check in to hotel for dinner and overnight.
- After having breakfast, in the morning proceed for horse ride (optional) and enjoy the most beautiful scenic view of Himalayan Mountains.
- About 11 km from Pahalgam, the Aru Valley offers eclectic view and calm environs to tourists.
- Next, take a tour of the Betaab Valley, set amidst pine trees. It has been a favorite shooting location for many Bollywood directors.
- Being at a walking distance from Pahalgam, this valley is the base camp for various adventure activities, such as mountaineering.
- Being almost on the edge of the tree line, you will see trees giving way to alpine grasslands here.
- Take a pony ride to one of the many beautiful spots around Pahalgam. (IN PAHALGAM, Pony Rides and Jeeps to be hired for Chandanwari or Aru Valley must be paid directly).
- Later you will be transferred back to Srinagar.
- On arrival, check in to Houseboat for dinner and overnight.
- On Fifth day,Enjoy a lavish breakfast, later pack your bags and complete all the check-out formalities.
- Then transferred to the Srinagar airport, where you will depart for your destination with bags full of souvenirs and happy memories.
What 's Included
We can provide stay for ( 2*, 3*, 5*, 7* )
2.Double sharing Rooms
5.Royal Suite Rooms
( as per requirement )
From Trip start to till end the Tour Guide will be take care
Local Speaking Guide - ( English,Tamil,Hindi,Telugu & Malayalam ) *
(As per requirement *)
Delhi to Delhi Transports*
All local vehicle transport
All Taxes & Fees , Cocktail Parties , Water sports Activities , Trekking , Camping